Friday, November 19, 2010

Did You Hear The Weights Fall?


Have you ever felt that feeling like your world has just been rocked and now you're standing sideways and you have to hold everything up to keep it from falling? If you haven't, then count your blessings, however stressful your life may be. Its not an experience you want to add to your collection of knowledge. If you have felt that feeling, then I hope you have a day, someday, like the days I had yesterday and today.

Vindication Day. The day when everything is made right...basically everything anyway. Your world is righted and you can safely put down your heavy weights. You're allowed to enter into a more 'normal' or at least quiet type of mood. I had my vindication day.

I'm feeling very inspired right now. Its the perfect time to be writing a song, pouring my soul out into the guitar. Its the perfect time to strike a beat to the rhythm of my heart, and to feel the strings beneath my fingers, bending at my will, the guitar body pressed close against mine, hugging me, reassuring me. Its the perfect time to let my mind, soul, and body to become one with the guitar and to be joined through the bonds of melody. Its the perfect time to fall in love with my guitar all over again, only deeper and more passionately. I long to feel the smooth touch and hear my baby's gentle voice. He's calling to me, begging me to play him and move him in the way that only I can. My eyes can roll close and my tones can become hushed if I let him carry me away into the place where only he and I go. So why, why am I still here when I could be wrapped up in melodious bliss?

That's a good question....

Adios!

May the frets be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment