Saturday, November 20, 2010

Only If You Let It Be So...


We all know that I am madly, passionately in love with my guitars. They are the very essence of who I am and who I hope to become--elegant, beautiful, calming, cooperative, mysterious, charming, and pleasant. Yes, we all know I am in love with my guitars. This fact is nothing new.

I noticed something today, looking back at older posts. I noticed that when I write about my babies, I write as if they are people. They have genders, they have special qualities, and when I write of them, its almost sensuous. However, I know that almost every guitarist feels the same way. To them, just as to me, their instrument has a soul.

For me, love is not just a word, not just a feeling...it is a definition of the soul...and the definition of two souls becoming one. It makes me sad to see how this sacred word is thrown around nowadays. We no longer separate love from crush or attraction. True love is not based on the physical, it is based on the soul. Love is when you are willing to live or die for that one special person.

One Special Person. Not the new boy every week, not the new girl each night, but that one person you can't imagine living without. The one you go to both in moments of joy and moments of sadness. The one you can share life and beliefs with, where you can express your love of God, and have it be reciprocated. The one that understands you before you even begin. The one who looks out for you like no other, who corrects you when you're wrong, applauds you when you're right, stands by you through the storm, and is always there when you wake up in the morning. When you return their love with an unselfish love and take joy in bringing them pleasure and peace, you can't go wrong. When you love with an unselfish love, and put your special person first, the result is an amazing thing.

Its a beautiful thing.

I am madly, passionately in love with my guitars.

I couldn't live a day without them.

They are a part of my soul.

For their comfort and love, I give them safety and loving care.

Should it not be the same in a human relationship?

Life is too short to play with things like love. If you want a love that will last a lifetime, then wait for it...patiently....

Love transcends all physical boundaries.

But only...if you let it...be so.

May the frets be with you.




No comments:

Post a Comment